New Year's Resolution: Review Your Estate Plan
Before you ring in another New Year, you may want to take time out of your busy schedule to observe another annual ritual: a review of your estate plan. If you're like most people, you probably stuck your will and other documents in a drawer or a safe deposit box as soon as you had them drawn up—and have rarely thought about them since. But changes in your personal circumstances or other events could mean it's time for an update.
It normally makes sense to review an estate plan at least once a year, just to make sure it's still meeting your main objectives.
What You May Need To Do
© 2017. All Rights Reserved.
- 5 Estate Planning Steps To Benefit Your Elders
- Countdown To Retirement: Seven Steps To Get Ready
- 17 Year-End Moves That Can Preserve Your Tax Benefits
- Finding The Balance For Retirement Draw-Downs
- Key Components Of A Post-Divorce Estate Plan
- Five Documents At The Core Of An Estate Plan
- 10 Common Questions On Social Security Benefits
- Plan For Retirement At Different Stages Of Life
- Are You Still On Target For A Secure Retirement?
- Live Longer And Prosper In Your Golden Years
- 5 Ways That Can Help You Pay For Higher Education
- Passing Down IRA Assets? Clue In Family Members
- Should You Fly Solo In Your Own 401(k) Plan?
- 17 Midyear Tax Moves You Still Can Make In '17
- Seven Smart Money Moves You Should Make In 2017