Qualified Plan Consulting
StratWealth® provides fiduciary and risk management assistance to companies with qualified retirement/401(k) plans. Our team works with plan trustees and fiduciaries to:
- Review the fiduciary roles of trustees and investment advisers
- Help establish a fiduciary due diligence process
- Maximize the value of your existing vendor
- Monitor your vendor’s fees, services and effectiveness
- Monitor plan investments
- Analyze your fund lineup and recommend changes if needed
- Review diversification of the plan assets
- Analyze fees being assessed to the plan
- Serve as an investment fiduciary to your plan
- Craft an Investment Policy Statement for your plan
- Conduct regular plan reviews with your investment committee
- Provide employee education
We take our fiduciary responsibilities very seriously, and several of our advisers have attended the Center for Fiduciary Studies and received the Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) designation. We employ the investment practices associated with this designation as part of our fiduciary review process.
The responsibility and potential liabilities that come with being a fiduciary to a retirement plan can be extensive. A plan sponsor can never remove itself entirely from this liability, but the risk associated with it can be mitigated by hiring the right adviser who fulfills and accepts his/her fiduciary responsibilities for your plan, and most importantly, regularly meets with your plan committee and documents any actions taken on behalf of your plan and the participants.